Ferry Service Starts June 11!
The Port Robinson Ferry, “Bridge-it”, is the only ferry service on the Welland Canal. The ferry has shuttled people across the Welland Canal since a laker collided with and destroyed the bridge to the hamlet in the 1970s. The service provides a vital link for a growing number of cyclists and is a charming and memorable piece of Niagara’s cycling experience.
Summer Hours – May, June, July and August:
Every day from 9 am – 8 pm
Fall Hours – September and October:
Every day from 9 am to dusk
The following COVID protocols have been in put for the 2021 season:
- Riders must wear masks while on the ferry in order to utilize capacity to a maximum of 10.
- Upon boarding, the Deck Hand will provide hand sanitizer to each rider.
- For riders unable to wear a mask, we will accommodate 2 riders per trip.
- When you approach the ferry on either side of the Welland Canal, the gate to access the ferry will be closed. This is to ensure that physical distancing can be maintained when other riders are disembarking. An attendant will be present during peak times to organize riders to ensure all protocols are being adhered to and assist with timely service for riders.
- Ferry staff will be sanitizing the benches and railings after each use.
For further information, please contact:
Thorold City Hall – 905-227-6613
Dock – 905-384-2929